My experience from initial enrollment to completion of FAR Part 141 Private Pilot Helicopter Course, Robinson R-22 Beta 2, with Corporate Helicopters has been nothing short of absolute excellence. The atmosphere and environment provided by the staff and CFI’s consistently maintained the utmost level of professionalism, always keeping safety a top priority. Lessons were concise and well integrated into the current publications for Helicopter/Rotorcraft Aviation. Corporate Helicopters provided me with a knowledge base and pilot skillset that when carried into my FAA Check Ride, my FAA Examiner (Robinson Helicopters Chief Test Pilot!) was inclined to comment that my Oral Exam was excellent, that I was in fact very well prepared, further stating that my Practical Test was of Commercial Pilot quality. He then complemented my CFI Bryan Pederson as well as Corporate Helicopters for producing an excellent addition to the General Aviation community. Bryan accompanied me to the Check Ride and while initially nervous of my CFI being present it was a confidence building experience, many of which Bryan has provided throughout my training. I highly recommend Corporate Helicopters for anyone seeking Flight Instruction.
Welcome and thank you for your interest in flight training with Corporate Helicopters of San Diego. Our well-trained and dedicated flight instructors are committed to training safe and proficient pilots that will make a positive impact in the aviation community.
Please follow the list below to begin the process.
This checklist can also be found on the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s web page, here.
Step 1: Apply to Corporate Helicopters for Flight Training as an international student.
- The Foreign Student Application for Flight Training Form along with a short essay describing yourself and your goals while training with us may be completed and returned via any of the following methods:
- email us.
- fax: (858) 874-3038
- postal mail: 3753 John J. Montgomery Drive, Ste1, San Diego CA 9212
Step 2: Once accepted into the Flight School, Corporate Helicopters will provide you with a Form I-20.This form may be returned via email, fax or regular mail as described above.
- The Form I-20 is a paper record for the Student & Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) database.
- Pay the SEVIS I-901 fee in order to become eligible to apply for an M-1 Visa.
- The fee may be paid at this website.
- Keep the receipt.
- Apply for a visa at any American embassy or consulate prior to departing for the Unites States.
- This site will help with the process.
- Confirm the correct visa has been issued, and the personal information is correct.
- Be sure to arrive in the United States with Passport, visa, SEVIS I-901 fee receipt, proof of financial ability to pay for school costs and living expenses, and I-20 Form.
- All students are responsible for housing accommodations while attending Flight Training at Corporate Helicopters.
Step 3: A student must report to Corporate Helicopters within 30 days of entrance into the country. Corporate Helicopters requests contact be made immediately upon entry or if any delay in entering the country is possible.
- A student must maintain status while in the country.
Thank you again for your interest in flight training at Corporate Helicopters. We look forward seeing you in San Diego.
Please contact us at (858) 505-5650 or by email.
- Vince Carter, Private Pilot
“I have been coming to Corporate Helicopters for the past two months to earn my Private Pilot License. It has been a great experience from day one. They have great staff members and very experienced, knowledgeable pilots to train you and get you where you want to be. Their helicopters are very well maintained, which says a lot when you are going up in the air with them.”Daniel Mosquera, Flight Student
“From my first intro flight, the flight instructors at Corporate Helicopters have been professional and extremely flexible to fit my training in between my busy travel schedule. They have continued to make flight training truly enjoyable.”Dave Cloutier, Flight Student
“Corporate Helicopters has given me the opportunity to receive a higher caliber of professional flight training in a great location that gives us experience in busy airspace and sunny days year round to keep training moving quickly. Their large fleet of well maintained air craft and knowledgeable friendly personnel make flight training at Corporate Helicopters a win-win situation.”Josh Young, Flight Student
I was smiling for the entire flight, so much so that my face hurt… I was hooked immediately. I set out to earn my helicopter rating.Jim Hannemann
I want to send my sincerest thanks and gratitude to Ivor Shier, Garner Sheperd, and the Corporate Helicopters team. Their dedication and efforts, as well as their encouragement, helped me to fulfill my dream of flying helicopters!
I will always cherish the time I spent as a student at Corporate Helicopters, and would highly recommend them to anyone seeking an environment of professionalism, encouragement and dedication to achieving their goal of becoming a Commercial Helicopter Pilot.
I am thoroughly enjoying my first position as a pilot here at Helicopter Adventures in Myrtle Beach, SC. I hope that I will see everyone at Corporate again some time, and wish all of you success!Greg Simons